So I’m switching my focus to Game Design, basically what I initially wanted to do at this school, be the idea guy. I’m going to make a plan for my Game Design portfolio as well as an idea for some lower poly (WoW/LoL) type modelling that I can fall back on as freelance when in need of a job.
My initial Game Design Portfolio will include
- 2-3 WoW/Raid/Boss encounters with creative and engaging action. Complexity without trial by fire. Hopefully these will be animated/mocked up in Flash or just AE.
- A Card game and a Board game. The first one being my Left 4 Dead card game I designed in Game Design and Gameplay with my team. The other being something else I think up.
- Advanced Prototyping Project. A small 3rd person tactical game designed partially by me. I also acted as the producer for the team.
- Senior Project. Our Team Fortress 2 wanna be capture the flag game with some special mechanics
- 1-2 Games prototyped in Python which I will be learning over the next 9 months.